Tuesday, December 17, 2013

10 Crock-Pot Freezer Meals

I'm not sure if I should thank Rene and Robin for this post or beg them not to post anymore links like this. I saw "10 Easy Crock-Pot Freezer Meals" pop up in my facebook news feed and I was DONE. Two of my favorite things, crock-pot and easy! I was compelled to go shopping the same day I saw the post and I prepped the morning after. Once I set my mind to something, I do it, even if it means travelling to the grocery store much too late at night.

The basics, it's 10 meals, all crock-pot meals ( and boy do I loooove my crock-pot! ) and all huge time savers if you have a busy life. I armed myself with a list and went shopping. I didn't need to buy some of the basics, the things you probably already have in your pantry. Brown sugar, soy sauce, worcestershire (I can spell it, can't say it!) sauce, honey and the spices. My total, including the freezer bags, was $104.37. Not bad for a family of 5 for 10 days. I did spend a bit more than this though because a lot of meals didn't come with any sides. I purchased vegetables and salad ingredients for most of the days. 

What are the meals you ask? Let me tell you. There's:
Savory Pepper Steak
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Teriyaki Pork Chops
BBQ Cranberry Chicken
Honey Bourbon Chicken
Pork Carnitas
Southwestern Chicken Chili
Sausage & Peppers
Apple BBQ Pork Tenderloin
and
Pineapple Chicken Burritos

Prep took me 2 hours. That's nothing when you think about how long you'd normally spend cooking dinner over the course of 10 days. Easy peasy. There's 9 in the freezer and 1 in the crock pot right now. I'll let you know how to recipes turn out as we try them. Tonight it's the pineapple chicken burritos. In the meantime, take a look at the original post here and see if you'd like to save some time and make 10 crock pot freezer meals for your family. Or you could just lay low for a while, let me test out the recipes on my family, and then decide. Your call. I hope to be back with good news shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment