Thursday, December 19, 2013

Meal #2- Teriyaki Pork Chops

Welcome to night #2. This was in the fridge for my husband and children yesterday so they'd have something to eat while I FINALLY went Christmas shopping. Alas, my dear husband doesn't quite understand the crock-pot and called 1 hour before dinner time to see how long he should cook it for.

I did not like this recipe at all. The pork chops held together while I took them out of the crock-pot and we were able to cut them with a fork. They were very dry though. The taste was like beef jerky. NOT. FOR. ME. My beef jerky loving 9 year old quickly ate hers and was very pleased but I will not be putting this into the "make again" pile. We added a loaf of french bread and a steam fresh bag of broccoli in cheese sauce to this meal. 

Still feeling brave? Then here's what you need to know to make this for your family:

The goods:
  • 4 pork chops, about 1 in thick
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ⅓ cup chicken broth
  • salt & pepper to taste
How to make it yummy:
  1. Sprinkle salt & pepper on pork chops if desired, place in a gallon-sized freezer bag. In a small bowl mix garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and chicken broth together, add to bag. Place flat in freezer, when ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7 hours.


This is the final product. I gave half of mine to my husband and the next time we have pork chops I'll be back to my trusty old Shake N Bake.

Again, here's the link to the original post. 
Now, it's time for a snack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment